(ET) 12M brake disc

My pedal wasn't returning well--without some encouragement from me. Lubed several places and that's better, but while under there I noticed that the brake disc (not the cast iron set up) was flopping a bit rather than solidly locked to the axle. Appears to have rivets (?) holding it. Outer edge of disc will perhaps move 1/8 of inch, left to right. Some in the archives talk of 'floating' discs. Is this acceptable, or a problem that needs fixing? My manuals don't have much info on this.

Thanks.

Thon