Re: (ET) steering spindle sticking - Fixed

My father-in-law and I worked on the tractor today.    We took a brass
pin and hammered the spindle out, adding grease and something supposedly
better than WD40 every now and then.   Eventually when we got the
spindle out.   We cleaned it.   It definitely wasn't smooth any more, it
had some pretty deep grooves in it.   We used a dremel and polished it
so that it was fairly smooth.   We then used the dremel on the inside of
the axle.   Added some grease and it slid right back in.    When the
tractor was in the air you could blow on the steering wheel and the
wheels would turn.    As soon as we put it on the ground the steering
gear started to skip again.

So we shimmed the steering wheel right behind the cotter pin underneath
the tractor and that tightened everything up.

It now works better than before all this trouble happened.

Thanks to everyone for all their help.
Mike
Colchester, Ct