(ET) Elec-trak Service in NC?

I live near Albemarle NC.  I have two elec-traks that need work.  The problem is I am a p***s poor repairman.  If there is anyone in NC that would be willing to come help me work on them, or I could bring them to you, (I think) without too much trouble.  I have an E-12 with an odd electrical problem (it *SOMETIMES* won't go forward, always works in reverse) and a "new to me" E-8 that I think has a short in it. Every time I try and connect up the batteries it sparks (at the battery) and makes me very nervous  (everything is turned off).

I can provide Beer Pizza and some payment, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not made of money.

Thanks,

James

James F. Jarrett
Information Systems Associate
AP Java Programming Instructor
Charlotte Country Day School
1440 Carmel Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
(704)943-4562

You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.