(ET) por-15 metal ready - made my parts rust?

Although I've not (yet) painted any of my ET with POR-15, I have used it on other things and I have to agree with Chris--it is TOUGH stuff!

Given the way it is reputed to work, and the way we know rust works, I'd have to wonder if those that had it fail, actually had some pin hole areas of non-coverage or had too thin a coat(s).

David: Is it a miracle product? Probably not, but for the low price--compared to any commercial process you might consider--the ease of prep and application, and the durability, that at least some of us have found, I don't think it can be beat.

My first purchase was a quart (?) and by following their storage directions it lasted a good year, maybe year and one-half, after opening it. I bought their 6 pack most recently, which I think will last considerably longer.

YMMV

Thon