Re: (ET) por-15 metal ready - made my parts rust?

Matthew callahan wrote:
All this talk about rust coming through the POR-15, has made me wonder about something:

When you mow, there's always the inevitable pebble that comes in the mower deck and gets whacked by the blade. I can't imagine anything (except hot dip galvanizing maybe) that would not chip off the metal from this kind of abuse.

All I can say is that 3 years ago I POR-15ed my deck, top-coated it with latex yellow from Home Depot and three years later it looks great. Two years ago I POR-15ed my snowblower chute and after two winters of blowing snow, dirt, and small rocks (things happen) there is not a ding or scratch in the paint. However all the latex paint was blown off the inside, exposing the POR-15.

Scrape off the old rust, sand, POR-15, do another coat. The only thing I have found that it does not adhere to like a rock is pure Al plate.

Chris