Re: (ET) ... made my parts rust? - Website talks about rust

Hi guys,

In one of the previous messages, someone said the words 'metal prep'.  I
was
thinking this was the product name of the solution from DuPont I used
years
ago (after sandblasting, and before primer), but a quick Google search
proved
otherwise.

I DID find this website that covered LOTS of issues and ideas in a pretty
concise way:

http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/rust/rust.html

The guy mentions getting the oxygen out of the metal, after sanding, etc.
This is the purpose of some of the various chemical (acids or alkalies)
solutions applied after wire wheel/sandblasting, etc, and before primer.

John