Re: (ET) Here's the actual battery

Like Steve, I too am puzzled as to why your automotive style cables don't
fit the automotive style terminal.

Can you send a pic of your cable ends. I'm really curious to see what you
have.

I would have to disagree with Joel about replacing the batteries for the
simple reason that the battery you have is
most likely going to be the style you find when looking for more. Those
terminals are "the standard"(today) in golf
cart batteries for all companies except Trojan, who for some reason
doesn't want to be in the battery market anymore
and has stopped putting standard terminals on their batteries and make is
a hassle to order any other type.

Where are you located? If you're anywhere near me, I'll make those
batteries work.

As a note, I have put the replacement auto cable ends on my cables. You
know the ones with the two bolts that squeeze
the wire onto the terminal. Some on this list will recommend against this
type of cable end. Their reasons are well
founded. These cables are prone to failure due to loosening wires.
However, for me, they are working well. I check to
make sure the cables are tight whenever I check the water level and so far
have not had a problem. I'm well into my
3rd year with these cables. In an On-Road EV I would not use these ends,
in an ET they're fine.

Like Steve said you may have to cut off the threaded studs. Do Not use a
grinder to do that. A hacksaw or sawzall will
work much better.

Stay Charged!
Hump