From: Bob Murcek
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) panels - materials besides steel ?

Y'all are aware of the plastic battery boxes that they sell for trolling batteries, right?  Dunno if these would add too much size to fit in a stock tractor, but I've been using them in one I modified for 24V operation.  Got them pretty cheap at WallMart.

>>> Jim Coate <jbc coate org> 6/11/2006 10:46:12 PM >>>
A few months back someone posted that the side panels seemed to have
structural functions. As in he had operated the tractor without panels
and the frame bent. So... plastic panels may not be a good idea?

I had thought that stainless steel would survive the acid just fine, but
recent posts make me wonder?

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.