Re: (ET) panels - materials besides steel ?

One way to be pretty much done with battery box corrosion is to fit VRR
(valve regulated recombinant) batteries.  "Maintenance free" 6 volt golf
car
batteries are made in gel and AGM versions.

The downsides are, regrettably, significant.  They're appreciably more
expensive; they have a bit less range per charge; and they're not as
tolerant of careless charging.  The last is a big one - you'd need a new
charger that understands the needs of your particular chemistry.  That old
GE blunderbuss would trash a set of gel batteries in no time at all.

Also, you'd be on shaky ground tapping the pack for the lights and lift.
That imbalances the pack and VRR batteries can't really handle much of the
brute force equalization that the GE charger performs to deal with the
imbalance.  Might have to add a DC:DC converter (or even two).  Or you
could
charge the way I do - charge each battery individually, or at least in 12
volt pairs with the lift on a 12v or 24v tap.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
     I believe in an America where the separation of church and state
     is absolute ... where no minister would tell his parishoners for
     whom to vote, where no church or church school is granted any
     public funds or political preference ... where no religious body
     seeks to impose its will ... upon the general populace or the public
     acts of its officials.
                                  -- President John F Kennedy