Re: (ET) panels - materials besides steel - Frame Bent ??

The plastic battery box I have for trolling motor battery is too large to
fit
2 or 4 of them on the Electrak - but maybe other mnufacturers have better
models.

Frame Bent ? Wow, I did not think there were that many screws in the front
panels that they would add much, unless they are helping by holding the
front
upright parallel to the console casting.  In the rear - multiple spot
welds -
those seem stronger.

Either way, David's suggestion of angle iron frame should solve that
problem,
and metal could be added anywhere to strengthen the frame.

My neighbor, who presently makes large (hang on Billboard) 3D fiberglass
signs,  wants to make a vacuum system large enough to mass produce some of
his signs.  I don't know how much taper a battery box would have to have
release from a vacuum form shape - also, the walls would be very thin in
spots,

That is why Davids suggestion - and comment that guys are already doing
this -
was so interesting to me ... it sounded like something that could easily
be
set up - backyard style - so I don't need a full sheet metal shop for 14 &
16
gauge metal, etc.

I would like one of my machines to look OEM good again (so I might
eventually
buy some of those new panels), but the others could be experimental ...