Re: (ET) FW: ge pulling

I think....take that for what its worth....

that the Klixon is not really measuring the temperature of anything but
itself. Its just a simple circuit breaker, it
heats up because of the current flowing through it and when enough heat
has built up it opens, assuming that since it
heated up the motor must have heated up also. The problem with that is....
these are old units, more than likely the
contacts aren't as good as they used to be and they will heat up and open
faster than originally designed.

I had to bypass the one on my snowthrower. It opened and wouldn't reset.
It was only 10 degrees outside so I wasn't
too worried about the motor overheating, it does get warm quite though.
Makes a nice finger toaster after running
through deep snow.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom