Re: (ET) ge pulling

I know its not right to reply to yourself but...

I just read through some of the digest regarding the Klixon.

It seems that yes it is just a circuit breaker. It also seems to be rated
at around 80-100amps depending on your model
of ET.

For the purposes of "pulling" I would definately recommend bypassing it
and also not worry too much about burning yup
your motor.

Why?  Because on my sawmill, I have the drive motor (an E-15 drive motor)
wired directly with no protection. I will
occasionally cut a log 12"-14" diameter. During this cut I am drawing a
continuous 125-150 amps for a minute or two,
when finished the motor is warm to the touch. It usually has 3-5 minutes
to cool while I reposition things for the
next cut.

A full minute for a tractor pull would seem like an eternity.

I suspect that a tractor pull would have less of a duty cycle and thus be
less danger to the motor than my sawmill.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom