Re: (ET) mulching

On Tue, 23 May 2006, steves wrote:

The mulching blades also require more power because of their design (all
that mulching doesn't come free). One of our members ran current draw
tests (I sent him a current meter setup to do it) and I think he posted
results - which I cannot find. I did find a post that said gator blades
were too much load - kept tripping the thermal breaker - so maybe Iw was
wrong about using mulching blades succesfully.

Hmmm.... perhaps some lighter mulching blades then.... The mulching (essentially just re-cutting the grass again) should require a little more power I suppose, but I can't see it being a big factor. Unless perhaps for some reason the grass getting lifted up by the mulching blades results in clogging of grass creating a lot of resistance for the blades....

Mike