(ET) DC-AC rotary converter heats the wires

As discussed, the Elec-trak rotary converter is a nice thing. Maybe too much of a nice thing because while it can put out a lot of power on the AC side it's got a problem:

It's burning up my socket.

I smelled a bit of burning wire while using it and checked the E20. Sure enough the two screws that hold the wire to the 20 amp Molex plug were *HOT*. Which kind of makes sense as the wires are old and the socket/plug is rated for 20 amps. According to my E-meters I was pulling around 30 amps at full load which makes sense if you think 36*30=1080 watts and 900 AC out the inverter (.9 efficiency).

Still, that's a problem. Does this happen with other Elec-trak users? Compared to this inverter, the drill and little tools are nothing. Should I replace the socket with a new Molex? Clean and tighten? Or should I just go to using 40 amp AMP connectors like I do for other good sized accessories?

Chris