(ET) Plowing

All,

Plowed the garden this weekend with my original issue Brinley one-bottom
plow.  The garden got about 8 front end loads of horse manure last fall so
its pretty loose soil.  My E-16 pulled the plow just fine and turned it
about 5 or 6 inches deep.  Deeper in some spots...I kept playing with the
depth adjustment.

When I bought the plow this summer from someone of this group it had a
hand lift attached to the sleeve hitch.  As I already had a sleeve hitch
and a rear electric lift I sold the hand lift and its hitch off.  Not sure
that was a good idea.  The electric lift will just barely clear the plow
point on level ground.  Does anyone have any docs on the plow and its use?
 I am wondering if GE intended for it to only be used with the hand lift.

Steve in Tennessee