Re: (ET) Most insane ground fault ever...

I'm going to be proactive on this.  Every chance I get I will remove a
section of wiring, thoroughly inspect it, replace whatever is remotely
questionable, enclose it in split loom, properly secure it along its entire
length and clean/grease all the connections at its ends.

Actually the wires themselves appear pretty robust. It seems to be the components that fail and go to ground. In the past I had one of the contactors do this, and now of course the motor and lift motor.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tractor.  I've only had a few minor
head-scratchers.  And I know a long term re-wiring project won't prevent
all
failures.  It sure seems though, that it will prevent a big chunk of them.
It might cause more than it will fix. There is a *lot* of wire, and it's all run a certain way.

The real trick is to sit down and take things one step at a time. Unlike an electronic controller the ET's are pretty basic. Power goes in somewhere and comes out somewhere else.

Start with the battery, then walk forward through the tractor. I wonder if GE had a ladder logic diagram for the Elec-trak's. Anyone seen one?

Chris