-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
steve39 mindspring com
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:49 AM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Plowing

All,

Plowed the garden this weekend with my original issue Brinley one-bottom
plow.  The garden got about 8 front end loads of horse manure last fall
so its pretty loose soil.  My E-16 pulled the plow just fine and turned
it about 5 or 6 inches deep.  Deeper in some spots...I kept playing with
the depth adjustment.

When I bought the plow this summer from someone of this group it had a
hand lift attached to the sleeve hitch.  As I already had a sleeve hitch
and a rear electric lift I sold the hand lift and its hitch off.  Not
sure that was a good idea.  The electric lift will just barely clear the
plow point on level ground.  Does anyone have any docs on the plow and
its use?  I am wondering if GE intended for it to only be used with the
hand lift.

Steve in Tennessee