Re: (ET) Major upgrades to my E-12

I don't recommend it.  5 amps is too low a charging current IMHO.  5
amps is a good *finishing* current, but for bulk charge you really want
at least C/20  (or 10 amps on a 200AH battery) and C/10 is even
better.

Good quality 20 amp Golf cart chargers can be purchased on Ebay all day
long for under 300.00, or you can spend about 750 (yes quite a chunk)
for a Tripp-Lite that is a 30 amp three stage charger that is also a
3600watt 36v inverter.

The little 5amp chargers will work, but they are not terribly good for
your batteries and they take forever to charge the pack.

James