Re: (ET) E12S with overheating current limiter

Actually the E12S is almost exactly the same as an E15 but without field weakening speed settings. Be sure you are looking at schematics for an E12S/E15 not an E12, which is wired very differently.

Do you mean the big band resistors over the charger when you say 'current limiter'? If so, then it does sound like loss of field. As mentioned, the reverse relay is a likely cuplrit. They burn out if you go from forward to reverse without fully stopping. If you loosen the back cover to the instrument casting (in the front battery compartment) the relay is to the far right (when sitting on the seat). Do not lower the hood with the cover open as the cross bar will hit the relay (personal experience).

- SteveS