RE: (ET) E12S with overheating current limiter

Are these the metal bands that are located in the front of the tractor,
behind the grill.

If so I wouldn't necessarily assume there is a field problem. I would
first look to make sure that the speed control switch is working and
engaging the proper relays to drop those things out of the circuit.

My I-5 recently was acting a little flaky and doing just that. There is a
power drop due to having the resistors in line, but it may not be
apparently obvious. On level ground the power drop is slightly noticable
but not like it is when you come to a hill. It will seem like weak
batteries, until you come to an incline, then it will seem like DEAD
batteries.  The gauges however will indicate that nothing is wrong. That's
how I knew is was those blasted resistor bands. I would have normal
voltage and current draws, but no (low to very low) power to the ground.

My problem was in the foot switch and not the relays.

Good Luck.

Hump

  _____