Re: (ET) E12S with overheating current limiter

I'd say loose field wires going to the motor. They run, overheat, and go to infinite resistance.

What is it with field control on E12's?

Chris

David Roden wrote:
On 1 Sep 2005 at 21:14, JReedsoars aol com wrote:

When I run in any power setting forward or backward it runs well for about
two to three minutes and then the metal bands labeled in the manual as
current
limiter all start smoking profusely. The power then drops and it will not
move  itself.

I'm not too familiar with E12s (I have an E15) but generically the kind of behaviour you describe could be the result of either severe friction in the drivetrain (dragging brake?) or insufficient motor field strength. If you have one of the E12s fitted with a PM motor, the later is obviously not caused by low field voltage, but it could be laid to field magnets severely weakened by overheating.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me. To send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
To understand the Republican party (or the Democratic party, for that matter), it is most efficient to look directly at the clients - or as political scientist Thomas Ferguson would call them, the "major investors." On that level, the ideological contradictions are unimportant. Political parties do function as mediating institutions,
only not for voters.

                        -- William Greider, "Who Will Tell the People"