Re: (ET) E12S with overheating current limiter

      E-12 S has a wound field motor. Since reversing is handled by a relay instead of armature contactors, that is usually the first area I would look at for a loss of field voltage issue.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:14 PM
Subject: (ET) E12S with overheating current limiter

I recently bought an E12S. I replaced the CB1 automatic thermal circuit breaker and the PTO relay and all the batteries. The wiring and all components look excellent but looks are deceiving.

When I run in any power setting forward or backward it runs well for about two to three minutes and then the metal bands labeled in the manual as current limiter all start smoking profusely. The power then drops and it will not move itself.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start troubleshooting or how to fix it?  Some of the posts look similar but I am not certain.

Jim Reed
Fairmont, WV