(ET) E20 Wiring Diagram

Mike Wallace wrote comments on E20 conversion and requested pictures. I’ll have to report the following: My PC camera has a fixed focus when used away from the PC so the pictures are not the best. I took some pictures yesterday in the sunlight of the workings behind the panels but you could not tell what you were viewing when connected to the PC so I deleted them. One day I may get a better camera. I sent my wife the same pictures on her PC and she said they were good. She has Explorer 6.0. There probably is something wrong on my PC because the pictures you sent me were just large red blobs with no details at all. I have seen your very good work on pictures sent by Steve Richardson so I think I already have them on file.

Here is what’s behind the panels:

1. Behind the main panel on the left is a connector strip holding the diode and the resistor called for in the schematic followed by a 10 position connector strip for connections to the Curtis pots and the DCX300 ET to easily test and correct wiring.

2. I kept the connector block projecting down from the dash cutting off the wires inches below the block to connect with new wires and labeled each wire. Staples has a white 1” round print or write Mailing seal label 05247 which works OK for me. Use an ink pen to write the description along the perforation in the center of the label and fold it around the wire. Cut off the excess label close to the wire for a neat job. You can’t get it off!

3. The large biscuit circuit breaker on main motor connects only the PTO and not the main motor. If the mower stops I’ll know the motor is hot and cool it.

4. I pick up power for the controller after the key, seat, and brake switches like the AllTrax schematic. The DCX300 ET is mounted on the right with the top about 1” above opening.

5. The main contactor is a double one which drops back to a set of normally closed points when turned off. The charger is wired through these points to prevent turning on the charger when the DCX300 ET is powered. Steve Richardson said this is good.

6. A small computer light fiber optic tube is positioned to pick up the led signals from the DCX300 ET and goes through the dashboard near the cruise control switch. Very helpful.

7. A dash pot, same as in the Curtis, is mounted to the right of the key where the power plus switch existed. A thin piece of phenolic board was cut to fit into the hole to level the area and a hole was drilled to secure the pot behind a large washer. The lighted Cruise Control switch is connected to transfer pot duties from the pedal to the dash pot. It works perfectly.

8. The dash pot is controlled by a small relay just as described by Ralph Vogan on his website. Be sure the hold coil power comes from the middle tab on the start switch.

9. The PTO is controlled by a new double connector with the normally closed points connecting the cables same as in the old open switch. It works OK.

I hope this explains everything to all concerned. Thank you, Raymon