To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Spring cleaning leads to questions

I've not yet used POR 15. But I plan to put it on the frame of my truck.

I was under the impression that POR doesn't like to be painted onto bare, clean metal, but adheres better to rusty
(surface, not flaky) metal. Is this not true?

A somewhat humorous, somewhat unrelated, story.....

I long ago bought a spray can of that rust conversion stuff. I sprayed it onto a rusty portion of my car in the fall. (Lower Inside Passenger Door Panel) In the spring, the area that I had treated was rust free and hard like steel, unfortunately all the metal around it, that was factory painted unrusted metal 6 months earlier was gone.

This was about 15 yrs ago on a 1979 Pontiac Sunbird, so I suspect like Bob Rice says, it was treated with Rust-O-Matic
at the factory.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump