Re: (ET) Spring cleaning leads to questions

I've not yet used POR 15. But I plan to put it on the frame of my truck.

I was under the impression that POR doesn't like to be painted onto bare,
clean metal, but adheres better to rusty
(surface, not flaky) metal. Is this not true?

A somewhat humorous, somewhat unrelated, story.....

I long ago bought a spray can of that rust conversion stuff. I sprayed it
onto a rusty portion of my car in the fall.
(Lower Inside Passenger Door Panel) In the spring, the area that I had
treated was rust free and hard like steel,
unfortunately all the metal around it, that was factory painted unrusted
metal 6 months earlier was gone.

This was about 15 yrs ago on a 1979 Pontiac Sunbird, so I suspect like Bob
Rice says, it was treated with Rust-O-Matic
at the factory.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump