Re: (ET) new owner with a question

When I first got my I-5, it was kind of the same thing, no batteries and
I'd never seen an ET before. So off I went to
Sams Club and came home with 6 brand new batteries. Put them in and wired
them up as per the wiring diagrams from
elec-trak.org.

But like you, nothing! No readings on the meter, no lights, no lift,
nothing. I also tried turning the disconnect
switch in both directions. I forgot how I came to the conclusion, but I
concluded that my disconnect switch was bad.

I removed it from the tractor to see if I could repair it, or if it needed
to be replaced. Well lo and behold it
wasn't broke, I was just being a dumb-shit. I had never before encountered
a switch like this one so I didn't know
that I had to push it in and turn it, where it would then latch on. "Duh",
I said to no-one in particular. I don't
know if Allen is experiencing the same, but I thought I'd post another one
of my little "learning experiences"

Let's see...

So Far we've learned....

1. How not to operate a disconnect switch
2. How not to troubleshoot a charger
3. How not to cut the studs off a battery terminal.

I wonder which will be next..

How about, "how not to knock a block out of your foundation", or "how not
to cut your chainsaw cord". ;-)

--
Stay Charged!
Hump