From: David Roden <etpost drmm net>
Sent: Apr 14, 2005 9:47 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos5 phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) new owner with a question

On 13 Apr 2005 at 19:23, Allen Hunt wrote:

> I've replaced the
> two front ones so far and turned on the key to check
> to see if anything registered on the fuel meters -
> nothing.  I turned the big master switch on the left
> side of the cowl both ways with no results.

No surprise.  All batteries are connected in series, then to the big
disconnect.  Unless all the batteries are in place and connected, you
won't
see any indication on the meter nor will the tractor run.

Don't be too disappointed if you get all the batteries in and it still
won't
go.  If it's been sitting for quite a while, it's likely that there are
some
oxidized contacts on relays and control cards.  You may even find that a
family of mice has lived inside the instrument panel, which usually raises
hob with the electronics (such as it is).

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
Weighing in at 2 1/2 tons and representing the USA ...

                -- Ad for a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck