(ET) new owner with a question

I am the proud new owner of an E-12s, Model number
26AE12BA and serial number DP16776.  I live in
Evansville, Indiana and bought it from a guy in
northern Indiana.  All of the batteries were split
open when I bought it last week.  I've replaced the
two front ones so far and turned on the key to check
to see if anything registered on the fuel meters -
nothing.  I turned the big master switch on the left
side of the cowl both ways with no results.  Also
tried the lights and the front lift with the big
switch in both postions and nothing.  I thought I'd
ask now before replacing the back batteries to see if
I can isolate any front electrical problems while
there is no electricity in the back.

Allen