Re: FW: (ET) Just got my E-15 .... have questions

   Y'know I used to believe that comment about Sams buying from the low
bidder, and it may still be true. BUT,
currently the Sams club near me is carrying the Stowaway Branded Golf Cart
batteries. These Batteries have Exide
stamped right on the top of them, and the Exide website claims that
Stowaway is their battery.  I thought Stowaway
was Wal-Mart/Sams brand. Maybe it is Exide's until the current contract
runs out, maybe not.

I have Stowaway's in my tractor. They have served me well. I bought them
at the Sams Club in Syracuse. Got a
membership just to purchase the batteries. Haven't been to Sams since. I
blew one up cutting the bolt off the top.
They exchanged it no questions asked. I don't use my grinder to cut the
bolts off anymore ;-)  Now I use the SawZall.

All that being said, David has been "doing EV's" longer than I have and
has much more experience. I'll have to agree
with much of what he implied. For an on-road EV, the use of Stowaway's is
questionable, for an ET, they are fine. They
"were" about 50 bux each at Sams.

However if you can get a used set from a local golf course, they may last
quite awhile. All they "should" charge you
is core, or slightly over core, about 10 bux.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

David Roden said;