Re: (ET) Blades anyone?

Check the balance on your blades by removing them and balancing with a bar thru the center. Try sharpening sides to bring them in balance.

Gator blades and the like apparently work but are a heavy load. Unfortunately with the departure of Gunn we lost a lot of things like blades and the like.

My guess though is one of your motors has bearings that are going out. Run them one at a time with blades to identify the growler, swap blades on it with a "good" one and if it's still growling take it to a motor shop for new bearings (I paid about $100 but that was a bit high IMHO)

Chris

Stephen & Carol Welch wrote:
Hi all,

Getting my deck going for the first time with new motor bearings, etc.  I
am
finding an unpleasant rhythmic vibration (harmonic?) and am thinking I
ought
to try new blades.  The old ones appear serviceable, but are not perfectly
straight and do have some gouges & wear.

Where do you get your blades?  Is there a modern equipment cross-reference?
I know some folks tried Gatorblades a couple of years ago - anyone still
using them with success?  If so which ones?

Thanks in advance - the grass is a growin'!

Steve

Alltraxed E20