Re: (ET) Just got my E-15 .... have questions

Because most people use their tractors only once or twice a week, any good
golf car battery will work fine.  They generally cost around $45-60 each,
depending on the current price of lead (high these days) and how nice a
dealer you have.

Some folks like Trojan brand.  They have a reputation which I'm not sure
they live up to any more, but as I say some folks are loyal to them.  They
are usually the most expensive option.

Personally, I'm partial to US Battery (Interstate Workaholic).  The price
is
moderate and they give me good service.

Exide,  which I've been told is not a true deep cycle battery (not sure
how
true that is), works OK in this application.  I know one person who used
them for years and was satisfied.

Quite a few people get whatever Sam's Club is selling (they buy from the
lowest regional bidder).  I don't trade with that company, so I can't
comment either way.

Even used batteries from a golf car dealer or golf course can work out
fine
if you don't need a huge amount of capacity.  This is usually the cheapest
way to go; you should be able to get decent ones for $10-20 each.

As I said, for most users the ET is not a high stress application.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
     To die for an idea is unquestionably noble.  But how much
     nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!

                                  -- H L Mencken