(ET) Tiller, take zero

So I finally started using the tiller this evening.

I still don't have a lift motor, so I went to Home Depot and got some chain. It looks like 3/16 chain is the only thing that will fit in the groove of the lift holder; I assume that is strong enough or do I need more?

Not sure how one uses both the chain and the lift strap; looks crowded. Anyone have a picuture of how this should be done when I actually get a lift motor?

The tiller is heavy; no doubt about it. I can only steer when I have the mower deck up; I think I have found the counterbalance for the snow thrower next winter. Put the two of these things on and the tractor will probably break in half :-)

Any tips on tilling? Any thoughts on the best way to do it, when to do it, how to till under some leaves and ground, etc? Sharpen the tines or any other tricks? Should they be rotating such that they want to drive the tractor forward? Also how does one route/secure the power cord?

Chris