From: Christopher Zach <czach computer org>
Sent: Apr 8, 2005 7:08 PM
To: Elec-trak list <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) Tiller, take zero

So I finally started using the tiller this evening.

I still don't have a lift motor, so I went to Home Depot and got some
chain. It looks like 3/16 chain is the only thing that will fit in the
groove of the lift holder; I assume that is strong enough or do I need
more?

Not sure how one uses both the chain and the lift strap; looks crowded.
Anyone have a picuture of how this should be done when I actually get a
lift motor?

The tiller is heavy; no doubt about it. I can only steer when I have the
mower deck up; I think I have found the counterbalance for the snow
thrower next winter. Put the two of these things on and the tractor will
probably break in half :-)

Any tips on tilling? Any thoughts on the best way to do it, when to do
it, how to till under some leaves and ground, etc? Sharpen the tines or
any other tricks? Should they be rotating such that they want to drive
the tractor forward? Also how does one route/secure the power cord?

Chris