Re: (ET) pusher mower

This solution will work. In fact the Elec-trak line included a 36 volt
mower if I recall.

I run Homelite 18 volt tools on my Elec-trak all the time. I especially
like the chain saw and the hedge trimmer. The pole saw is also *great*
for trimming trees.

*However* you can't run them on the whole 36 volt pack. Bad idea;
homelite tools are rated 18 volts. Your choices are as follows:

1) Install or build a 36 volt to 24 volt regulator in the Elec-trak

2) Tap the pack and use a BMS to watch the batteries.

I took the second route; there is a 24 volt tap on the back of my E20
wired to the four rear batteries. This works very well with the Homelite
stuff.

This solution *could* unbalance you pack depending on how you use it.
Technically speaking the pole saw, hedge trimmer, and even the string
trimmer don't really pull much of anything power-wise and they are duty
devices. Sometimes on and sometimes off. So doing a slight overcharge
using the on-board charger will probably be enough to keep your pack in
line.

Using the Homelite chainsaw constantly *will* unbalance your pack. I've
cut up trees with that thing. It's a lot lighter, nicer, and safer than
the Elec-trak chainsaw, and running it at 24 volts doesn't cause much of
a problem especially with a 50 foot 14 gauge extension cord for power.
And if you just use it to cut a few branches you will not have problems.
But if you decide to cut up a tree you should really have something on
the batteries to let you know if they are out of balance. Then charge
the rear batteries in pairs, then the front batteries seperately.

Aside from that they work like a charm.

Chris

 This *will* unbalance your pack if you're not careful; the front
batteries will overcharge and the rear ones with

Just had a 'bad' thought, wonder if you ran an extension cord from the electrac to power like the Ryobi what would happen, give you mobility and lots of power (;-')

wombat