Re: (ET) Elec-trak back online

Sounds similar to the probelm I had with mine a few weeks ago. I calculated the watts dissipated by shunt and I think it was small even under full load. On mine it was corrosion at the bolt connections that raised the resistance enough to cause some serious heat - burned a hole in my favorite winter gloves.... I was pressed for a fix and just connected the wires directly to the shunt with short bolts and left it hanging. Fixed (at least temporary). So I would recommend taking the shunt off and cleaning everything up real well and reassembling. See if that helps.

- Steve

Also the current sensing shunt for that whole thing keeps getting hot, even with the FW circuit disabled. The bolts are not hot, nor the wires going to it. Maybe the copper plate is just bad or something; are those supposed to get that hot? I'm about ready to just bypass it with a #6 wire and forget about field weakening for awhile.

Chris