Re: (ET) Elec-trak back online

On 4 Apr 2005 at 20:49, Christopher Zach wrote:

> relay contacts were pitted ...  now the relay doesn't seem to
> pull in at all ... Looks like more board 4 problems ...
> Also the current sensing shunt for that whole thing keeps getting hot ...

My E15 reached the point where it seemed that every other time I took it
out
something in the control system broke, went intermittent, or just plain
got
flaky.  Unscrewing the panel under the hood to replace exploded caps, swap
out inexplicably broken diodes, wiggle the connectors on the boards, or
try
yet another application of contact cleaner gets old fast.

Then last winter I lost the reverse relay (again) and for some reason the
spare I'd gotten from Bill Gunn a few years ago wouldn't pull in without a
physical nudge from a finger.

Having to plow snow with the hood off and the panel loose was the tipping
point.  Ripping out the whole rat's nest and dropping in an Alltrax
controller took care of the control problems once and for all.  I heartily
recommend it.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
     I believe in an America where the separation of church and state
     is absolute ... where no minister would tell his parishoners for
     whom to vote, where no church or church school is granted any
     public funds or political preference ... where no religious body
     seeks to impose its will ... upon the general populace or the public
     acts of its officials.
                                  -- President John F Kennedy