From: Mike Wallace [mailto:metman glasgow-ky com]
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:15 AM
To: jbc coate org; Elec-Trak
Subject: Re: (ET) Re: testing batteries

Thanks for the help guys.

The maintenance guy at the Country Club has just two 36 volt carts to
change out right now, and he's pretty sure only one cart might have decent
batteries.  I'll try and get him to make sure that set is charged before
he takes them out.  He thinks the owner (just happens to be my dentist,
but he doesn't know I want his old batteries) did a decent job of watering
with distilled water only and keeping them charged regularly.

I'll fix the load tester and take it, my Fluke, a hydrometer, and a pad a
paper
with me when I go look at them next week.

Jim, when you said, "should be over 6 volts no load, and over 5 volts with
 load", did you mean when using recommended 10 second load test at 100
amps with the automotive load tester?  I doubt if this old load tester
could take much more, but with only $5 and some time replacing one of the
leads invested, so what if I burn it up.

Thanks again,
Mike