Re: (ET) High current in reverse - E20

I don't know, but the diodes on my card#4 did the exact same thing a year or so back. I think the diodes are a little small, and that coupled with the fact that they're 35 years old might have done the trick. My varistor is intact, so it wasn't that.

I replaced them with nice big quality Radio shack diodes and haven't had a problem since.

Anyway, any idea why would these diodes and/or traces fail? Could it have been the varistor being out of circuit?