RE: (ET) RE: Alltrax DCX300 availability - Field current

I think my first 3 failures were bad from the factory.  Steve Richardson
told me that some of the internals were too close together in the first
batch or two and were overheating to the point of smoking out.  that was
the symptom exactly of my second units failure.  my first unit may have
been my fault because I left the varistor (MOV) between the field wires...
 The third unit smoked in a similar way to the second and it's serial
number was in the range of the early runs that had the overheat problem.
It didn't smoke itself until I flipped the PTO on though...  The fourth
one is still in the box until I get the time and courage to try again ;^)

Dave