RE: (ET) RE: Alltrax DCX300 availability - Field current

What does the ET shunt field draw (or more
specifically how much field current flows in the
E15?).
My E15 has a compound wound motor and from a control
design point is not as difficult to prevent blow ups
compared to a full sepex motor.  The biggest problem
with a motor like this is what happens during a
reverse command.  If you don't let the field current
decay before reversing, the armature current can be
quite high, even with a compound motor, I wonder if
this was the problem?  For background info I designed
a compound wound control for a Caterpillar forklift
back in the early 90's.  If I didn't allow sufficient
time for the shunt field to decay there was a huge
current spike.
It would be interesting to hear what problems caused
control failures in the Alltrax.
Rod