RE: (ET) RE: Alltrax DCX300 availability

> >From what I understand, the ET model has additional current sensing
> circuitry for the field controller.  The ET's motor wants a
> much lower field
> current than a typical separately excited field golf car
> motor, something like
> one-tenth.

Yes, I think I was wrong and they had to make some (minor, but
manual) hardware modifications. Plus they also developed a different field
map which Steve R. posted to the list a while ago. So the ET version is
basically a customized, low-volume product.

I have gotten info on the (inexpensive) SPX controllers that "look like"
the DCP controllers we would need from Jeff @ Alltrax. It turns out these
were DCP controllers that had a problem with a bad component in the field
control circuit and thus were converted by Alltrax to standard controllers
for series wound or PM motors.

Markus