Markus

From: Rob Brockway

I did two things to speed up reverse.  First a momentary button to bypass
the resistor.  Second a reostat with self keeping relay.  You can field
weaken, but when you stop or change direction the relay drops out.  This
prevents high current start ups if the field weakening is left on.  I do
this with a e-20 motor.
Rob in NH