(ET) Charger repair.

I just picked up a parts charger and want to see if it is any good.  It
currently is missing the heatsink and diodes.  I got a couple of diodes
coming and was wondering if I got a piece of aluminum about the same
size as the heat sink in a different charger and make my own.  There is
no magic about heat sinks that I don't know about is there?

Also thanks for all the info about chargers.  I went threw the archives
and have decided the other charger needs a Capacitor (putting out 39v)
so I ordered one of the 1.99 ones off the web site that was posted.

I am in the process of resurrecting a couple of old Lester chargers for
a couple of old resurrected golf cars.