Re: (ET) E20 and tongue weight

I used parts of a front plow to fabricate a heavy duty hitch. The
bracket used by the blade and snowthrower, which creates a bar under the
axle to pivot on, will slide into the rear slots as well as the front
ones. Then the A-frame for the plow pins onto the bar, and is held up to
the rear frame with a long bolt. Welded onto the A-frame close to the
rear of the tractor is a steel strap maybe 4" wide bent into an upside
down "U" with a ball mounted on the top. This gets the ball up to normal
height and will haul my 5000# 2 axle boat trailer around with no problem
other than the front wheels being a little "light" on the ground. It can
handle a reasonable slope but make sure your brakes are good.

Stephen & Carol Welch wrote:

So...  another request for info here.

My wife and I are considering the purchase of a small camping trailer, dry
weight about 2600 lbs, tongue weight about 340 lbs.

Our intended storage spot is a bit tight to get into and I think we'd do
better with a motorized dolly rather than trying to use the tow vehicle to
position things.  But, these dollies are $800+!

Then I got to thinking - why not use the E20?  Has lots of torque, and the
surface is level to slightly sloping. Best of all, I've already invested in
it!!!

My only question: Does anyone think that the 340 lb. tongue weight would be too much for the ET's rear tires or axle assembly? I couldn't find anything
in the literature I have here.  The archives only seem to have info on the
weight it can push, not the tongue weight. If the weight is too much, maybe
I could put a rubber wheel on the tongue jack and allow it to roll/pivot
while taking some of the weight off of the tongue.

Any input appreciated.

Steve
E20 (blade, deck, and -very soon- Alltrax)

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.