From: Christopher Zach [mailto:czach computer org]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 9:39 AM
To: Klein Robert W NPRI
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu; 'Stephen & Carol Welch'
Subject: Re: (ET) E20 and tongue weight

> To put it another way, in order to get better traction with my
 > snowthrower I fabricated a rear mounted weight box that holds  > almost
 > 400# of lead bars.  Great traction and no problems with  > traction.

Bob:

Did you hang this off the rear stabs, or did you use something like the
tiller bar? I've been bouncing around the yard with 150lbs of extra
batteries in the rear weight box (part traction, part steering), and
have been wondering if I'm doing damage to the stab slots.

On my E20, the rear tow point is basically a flat bit of steel that
connects back to the U shaped bracket under the rear battery box. While
the rear bracket seems totally strong, I don't think I would trust the
steel plate to not buckle with anything over 100lbs or so.

Chris