-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Stephen &
Carol Welch
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 8:08 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) E20 and tongue weight

So...  another request for info here.

My wife and I are considering the purchase of a small camping trailer, dry
weight about 2600 lbs, tongue weight about 340 lbs.

Our intended storage spot is a bit tight to get into and I think we'd do
better with a motorized dolly rather than trying to use the tow vehicle to
position things.  But, these dollies are $800+!

Then I got to thinking - why not use the E20?  Has lots of torque, and the
surface is level to slightly sloping.  Best of all, I've already invested
in
it!!!

My only question:  Does anyone think that the 340 lb. tongue weight would
be
too much for the ET's rear tires or axle assembly?  I couldn't find
anything
in the literature I have here.  The archives only seem to have info on the
weight it can push, not the tongue weight.  If the weight is too much,
maybe
I could put a rubber wheel on the tongue jack and allow it to roll/pivot
while taking some of the weight off of the tongue.

Any input appreciated.

Steve
E20 (blade, deck, and -very soon- Alltrax)

--
People never lie so much as after fishing, during a war, or before an
election.