Re: (ET) E20 and tongue weight

To put it another way, in order to get better traction with my
> snowthrower I fabricated a rear mounted weight box that holds
> almost 400# of lead bars.  Great traction and no problems with
> traction.

Bob:

Did you hang this off the rear stabs, or did you use something like the tiller bar? I've been bouncing around the yard with 150lbs of extra batteries in the rear weight box (part traction, part steering), and have been wondering if I'm doing damage to the stab slots.

On my E20, the rear tow point is basically a flat bit of steel that connects back to the U shaped bracket under the rear battery box. While the rear bracket seems totally strong, I don't think I would trust the steel plate to not buckle with anything over 100lbs or so.

Chris