Re: (ET) lift strap

I used a heavy nylon dog leash as an emergency fix. One nice thing is one loop is already made. May not be as strong as it should be. The next one was made from a lifting strap from McMaster. I bougth a long loop strap, cut it up, and made two lift straps from it. It's about twice as thick which makes it a bit tight in some applications where the roller is close and the double thickness where the end is sewed is a bit stiff. But it will never break (probably shouldn't have said that!)..

On sewing, I just use heavy synthetic thread and a large sewing needle. The nylon web is not too hard to push through. It's good 'evening by the fire' therapy.

- SteveS
- E20, E12S