(ET) Re: lift strap

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:43:12 (PST) Rod Hower rodhower ameritech net wrote:

>  Soon after that the lift belt broke.
>
> What have others used as a replacement lift belt?

I live in the middle of Amish country, so I get my lift straps from a
neighbor that builds nylon horse harnesses. About 1 inch x 1/8 inch nylon
strap. He
also sews them up for me - costs about $4 as I recall.

I would guess that any area that has a lot of horses should have someone
around that repairs/makes nylon halters and bridles, which use this size
of strap.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN