Re: (ET) Brake parts question?

It is the same diameter as the puck, is made of Unobtainium and is about .025" thick. I say that it is made of Unobtainium because the last time I ordered brake parts from Bill Gunn, he mentioned that he could no longer find them. So, those of you that still have cast caliper brakes, keep a real close eye on pad wear. Once that washer is gone, it's GONE ! :(

----- Original Message ----- From: <ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 1:58 PM
Subject: (ET) Brake parts question?

Hi
On the old style brakes I am told that there is a washer between the
floating brake pad (puck) and the rods that push the pad towards the disk.
However, on my E12  this washer is long gone, I am sure I could find a
replacement or make one if I knew what it looked like. So please somebody
send me the dimensions and what this washer is made of.

Thanks

Geof Thompson BSc. CLS
Data Base Designer                      | Conception de base de donnée
Canadian Hydrographic Service           | Service Hydrographique du Canada
Fisheries and Oceans Canada             | Pêches et Océans Canada
Central and Arctic Region | Région du Centre et de l'Arctique
P.O. Box 5050, 867 Lakeshore Road       | C.P. 5050, 867 chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, ON    L7R 4A6               | Burlington, ON    L7R 4A6

mailto:thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca
Office | Bureau: (905) 336-4698